New York, New York, United States of America
Hey fam! All our amazing adventures wouldn't be possible without the hard work and dedication of our dope Leadership Team. But there's always room for one (or two, or three) more! So we are actively seeking dedicated, passionate and execution-minded folks to to join the BOA Leadership Team to help us grow this movement and continue to deliver phenomenal experiences!
Currently, we're focused on filling four supporting roles on the Lead:
1. Event Planning Team: (2)
- Helps to plan and execute upcoming events and can occasionally be present at events to ensure smooth sailing.
- Handles research, planning, logistics, vendor communications etc.
2. Social Media Lead: (2)
- Creative spirits are always welcome.
- Implement social media plan.
3. Social Events Lead: (1)
- Helps to plan and execute all our social events such as Neighborhood mixers, annual socials, member appreciation events etc.
- BOA will typically hold 1 social event per month.
- Events are low key and typically occur at a local bar, restaurant or atmosphere conducive to community gatherings.
- Never planned an event? Don't worry. You'll be trained for the assignment. What we seek is a positive attitude, committing some time, a willingness to play outside the box and the ability to follow through.
4. PR/ Promotions: (2)
- Help develop Media Kits, establish and develop relationships with sponsors and brand partners, be the public face of BOA.
Things to note:
- You must have attended at least 2 or more BOA events (retreats count as 2 events).
- Our home-base in New York so you need to be in or around here.
- We can train for most roles, however we ask that you have a base understanding of the role, what it entails and knowledge of standard tools such as email, Google docs/ word/ excel, social media apps etc depending on the role.
Some potential Team Leader Responsibilities: (Most can be done remotely)
- Leadership meeting 2X per month (mostly virtual occasionally in person).
- Time commitment of 2-4 hours per week
- Plan, execute and host cool events
- Respond to comments &/or questions from our members
- Communicate changes with group
- Brainstorm ideas &/or challenges
- Greet people at events, check-in attendees, distribute name-tags...
- Researching events, venues etc.
- Implementing new ways to Connect/ support our community
- Commit to getting your projects done
A great BOA Team Leader should have a passion for:
- Organizing/ Fostering positive black community
- Living beyond your 9 - 5.
- Adventure and exploration
- Living creatively & expressively
- Living a healthy life
- Trying new & amazing sh*t!
What’s in it for you?
- Significant event discounts.
- An amazing team and leadership to motivate and support you.
- Meet super cool people & make lifelong friendships
- Learn new skills and earn bragging rights: e.g. hiking, surfing, skiing etc.
- Learn community organizing, project management & event planning
- Have a voice on the leadership team.
Let us know exactly which role(s) you're interested in, by filling out the form (below). Once we've reviewed it, we'll set up a virtual interview with you to have a conversation about the role, where you potentially fit in, and all our plans to conquer the outdoors!
So! ready to be a standout Team Leader for the most amazing black owned adventure start-up community this side of the Mason-Dixon?
We hope you will join us!
Back To All Jobs